Monday, June 14, 2010

Up and down the state of New York

I have seriously been up and down the state of New York multiple times this past week. There was an emergency transfer that we had to take care of and that was really stressful because it all started with President Bulloch getting a phone call from a branch president down state who said that he had been hearing from members that the missionaries were out doing some bad things. President sent us down there to "figure out what's going on". We left early that morning and showed up to their apartment to hear rock music blasting inside.... long story short, we emergency transferred them out and put two solid missionaries in there . they almost got sent home.

There have been some great things happening in Utica. We have one man named Gary with a baptismal date of July 3rd. He has been coming to church and loves it. He has come a long way in his life, and his repentance is real. We're also working with the Glazier family. We met them last week because they wanted us to teach their 7 year old son to prepare him for baptism... and the dad (Cory) isn't a member and we have started to get really close to them. Cory says he's ready to really get into this.They told us yesterday that they think we were brought to Utica for them. I love these people. We have been talking with President Bulloch, and we have set up another piano fireside that i'll be doing here in Utica.. that will be July 18th.

We have been doing transfer planning this week. This has been such a cool experience for me because we sit in front of a huge board with all of the missionaries' picture and names, and then we start moving things around depending on each missionary's personality and skills. I love watching President Bulloch discern between different things and i have learned so much from him! After transfer planning the spirit was so strong we began talking about a lot of personal things. President Bulloch talked about his childhood growing up on a farm in Utah and the struggles he had there. We spoke about some of the experiences in our lives that have brought us to this point. I am overwhelmed with gratitude. The Lord has done so much for me and i have been given so many things that i can't really put to words my gratitude. My mission has changed me. I have been so blessed, and i love my life.

I love you all! I have got to go, we're heading out to work in Syracuse tomorrow!

love,

Elder Warr

No comments: