Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Warr House




Hey guys-

It's been a little bit warmer the past few days. A couple days it got up to the 40's, and it's surprising that i consider that warm. It was nice to have the sun come out for a little while and not just constant snow. Apparently it will get ugly again. I asked some members if winter was starting to slow down and they laughed at me. I think my brain still thinks that February is when it starts to get warm, but then i realize that not everywhere is like California.

Yesterday Elder Fredericksen and i were tracting and we came up to a house that had a sign that said "Warr House" on it. I got really excited. We knocked it and i pretended like i didnt see the sign. A middle aged man came to the door and said hello. I introduced myself with a little emphasis "elder WARR" and then he said "you've gotta be kidding me, is your last name really Warr??"i said yeah and then he told us that there are only 1100 Warrs in North America and the majority of them are in England. His name is Steve Warr. He didn't know any Warr's from Idaho, but he said that we are distantly related. I felt like we were instant friends... and i really wanted to teach him. We talked a little bit about the church and then he said that he and his wife are going to Florida for a couple months but we can come back in March. I'll probably still be here in March, but how awesome would that be if i were to teach him and bring him to the gospel? I imagine if the Warr's that came here from England were early members of the church? President Eckersley used to say that our family members on the other side of the veil are constanly praying that we will research them or find their living kin. Maybe someone in our family could enlighten me on that and let me know when the Warr side joined the church. Elder Fredericksen and i are going to go to the family history center in the coming weeks to see if we can find any links.. and then hopefully i could show him how we're related. I got a really good feeling as i talked to Steve, and i had never really felt like that before.

We had 3 investigators come to church yesterday. We are teaching an awesome woman named Amy in Canton, she's the woman who's sister is investigating in NYC. This past thursday when we came to follow up, she had read King Benjamin's address and retained most of it. She really liked it. We can't wait to meet with her again this thursday, and we'll invite her to church.

I'll keep you updated with our peeps and everything. We have been spending hours and hours out on the streets talking to people hoping to find people to teach. We meet so many funny people, i wish i could tell you all about them.

love you guys,

Elder Warr

p.s.
we had a "Primary MTC Day" at the church on saturday, we got to give some valuable training to the primary kids. we did some fun stuff.

No comments: