Monday, August 17, 2009

Pride




What a great time i have been having recently on my mission.

We had a zone conference in Auburn this week, and it was amazing. President Bulloch trained out on not "looking back" Luke 9:62 and "pride". I could write many paragraphs about it, but for sake of time i will just tell you that i had such an awesome spiritual experience. I have realized that many, if not all sins hinge on PRIDE. My mission has changed. My life has changed. I am a different person because of this realization. i wish i could go through all the scriptures and detail that President did, but maybe when i come home we will all have a training by me.. and i will teach about how to be stripped of pride and how we can apply that principle in our lives. I feel like that was exactly what i needed to hear at this time in my life. I think that zone conference was for ME. but that was a prideful statement so i will agree that the zone conference was for all missionaries. Since President Bulloch has come in, there is a spirit of unity spreading. it's great!

In those pictures that i attached.. there's one where i am holding some shrubbery... well that is in fact a weed. I have never ever seen that big of weeds in my life... we had an investigator's yard that was going crazy, so we got to spend some time doing it for her. The other picture is Terry Davey.. he's the from Watertown, and he's now out of the hospital after suffering a stroke and is back in watertown. We blessed him on the day that they didnt think he was going to live... it was amazing to watch him come back after we gave him that blessing. the doctors couldnt believe it. The priesthood is real.

I have a deep love for you all, and "my soul delighteth in the things of the lord" 2 Ne. 4:15 May we all watch out for those "shafts in the whirlwind" Helaman 5:12 that the devil sends at us.

fondly,

Elder Warr

No comments: